I grew up in my earliest stages of life regularly attending a Baptist church just down the road from where we lived in Roanoke, VA. My family attended regularly when I was younger, and then less frequently through my teenage years. My Father was a Decan in our church. I always believed in God and prayed to Him. I remember learning about the stories in the Bible through Sunday School lessons, and books that my parents read to me. However when I was a teenager, I remember the youth pastor preaching about heaven and hell. During this sermon, I just couldn’t understand why the God that I knew would send me to such an awful place called Hell. I thought I was a good person, and hadn’t done anything really bad that deserved going to Hell.
I kept this mentality with me for several years; I was a good person which surely would mean I was going to Heaven. I was in a way trying to do good works to get to heaven. Then when I was in my latter 20s, I was going through some difficult times in my marriage. I was invited by my sister-in-law at the time, to start attending Auburn Baptist church. It didn’t take very long before my heart was convicted and I clearly heard and understood what it really means to be saved and go to Heaven. I realized that I had never truly accepted Jesus into my heart. Since that day in December 2009 when I was saved, I have been filled with complete JOY. I can’t even image living life without Jesus. He has completely changed my life!
Please take a moment and make 100% sure that you are going to Heaven:
- Realize that God love you: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- The Bible says that all men are sinners: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
Yes, we are all sinners and have come short of Heaven because of sin. No matter how “good” you might think you are, no one is perfect except Jesus Christ himself. We all are sinners.
- God’s word also says that sin must be paid for: “the wages of sin is death” Romans 6:23
All men die physically, but all men do not die spiritually. You can be born again through Jesus Christ and be saved from the penalty of sin, which is an eternal Hell, a place of “fire and brimstone: which is the second death” (Revelation 21:8).
- The good news is that Christ paid for our sins: “But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
Jesus Christ paid the entire price on the cross for your sin. God set the price on sin, which was a perfect sacrifice, and then God Himself gave His own Son to pay the price: “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” Romans 6:23
God offers you freely His gift of eternal life. This gift is your by believing in a risen Christ who arose on the third day and is alive forever more.
- We must personally pray and receive Christ by faith as our savior: “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” Romans 10:13.
Whosoever means you. If you simple faith will trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for your souls salvation, you can be 100% sure that you are going to Heaven. Nothing else will do… not church membership, not baptism, no confirmation, not communion. Non of these things can save us from sin. Only Jesus Christ.
- Pray and receive Christ as your savior.